Educational goals Of Bachelor degree
1. Constructing the fundamental knowledge of ecological science/eco-science
2. Disciplining the systematical ecological thought
3. Ecological practice and application in moderation
Core Competence of Bachelor degree
1. Possess basic scientific ecological knowledge and basically capable of ecological investigation and analysis.
2. Possess systematical ecological thought and basically capable of environmental ethical judging justly.
3. Basically capable of devotion to ecological education and practicing environmental sustainability.
Educational goals of Master degree
1. Enthusiastic at ecological wisdom
2. Constructing natural knowledge
3. Aspire after environmental justice
4. Stand up for conservation movements
Core Competence of Master degree
1. Possess basic knowledge of Nature and capable of scientific ecological knowledge discussion.
2. Possess systematical ecological thought and capable of environmental ethical judge justly.
3. Capable of social-cultural analysis on ecological events and environmental controversy.
4. Capable of devotion to ecological interpretation and environmental education.
5. Capable of development and empowerment of ecological community.
Basic literacy of students in the department
1. Ecological Knowledge –
The ecological literacy pertaining to the basic knowledge of perceiving environmental circumstances
2. Ecological Thought –
The ecological literacy pertaining to the basic discernment of making judgments on environmental ethics
3. Ecological Practice –
The ecological literacy pertaining to the basic capability of participating in environmental movements
Basic literacy of students in the college
1. Appreciation for works in the fields of humanities and respect for multiple cultures – the most fundamental literacy of students in the College of Humanities and Social Sciences encompasses profound cultivated humanistic literacy, and an ensuing ability of appreciating and putting special emphasis on various kinds of humanistic achievements in the fields of religion, arts, education, and literature, as well as multiple cultures represented in assorted ethnic groups, regions, and nations.
2. Respect for social norms – as social animals, human beings demonstrate human activities and achievements exhibited in the society, which, however, requires fundamental rules to regulate its operation in order to make progress and have a continuous prosperity. Therefore, it has become the basic literacy for students in the College of Humanities and Social Sciences to maintain and respect interpersonal relationships, group relationships, as well as norms pertaining to individuals, groups, and the society.
3. Understanding of the value of life – in addition to the unique value of human beings’ life, students in the College of Humanities and Social Sciences shall understand that any animals or plants in any forms on the Earth also have a unique and sublime value, which is worth of our exploration, praise, and protection. Only in this way can we build a world with perfectly-coordinated ecologies and sustainable development.