The Department includes the Computational Mathematics Section and Financial Engineering Section in the undergraduate program and the graduate program.
Features of nurturing talent
Focus on the training in the three orientations of mathematical foundation, information computing, and practical application, including multiple applied courses and business internship.
Computational Mathematics Section
1. Train professionals in information science/big data, such as machine learning, data mining, statistical analysis modeling, programming language, to meet the tide of artificial intelligence and the Internet of Things.
2. Students have a chance to gain dual degrees in the Computational Mathematics Section, Department of Financial and Computational Mathematics, and the Department of Computer Science and Information Management.
3. Guide students to get international professional licenses, such as Java, Linux and database.
Financial Engineering Section
1. Integrate the fields of finance, measure and information to meet the industry trends of financial technology.
2. Students have a chance to gain dual degrees in the Financial Engineering Section, Department of Financial and Computational Mathematics, and the Department of Finance.
Guide students to gain professional licenses in the areas of securities, futures, insurance, banks, and risk control.